Coastal Carolina Off-Road Series (CCORS)
The Coastal Carolina Off-Road Series (CCORS) is a Cross-Country Mountain Bike Race Series from January to May each year. 2014 will be the 15th year of the series. The goals of the series are to make quality mountain bike racing available to riders in Eastern North/South Carolina, improve trail systems in our region, and bring awareness to bike-friendly businesses. CCORS is a volunteer run series where all money raised is used to enhance and maintain the mountain bike trails used by the participating clubs. The clubs involved are Cape Fear SORBA of Wilmington, NC; Down East Cyclists of Jacksonville, NC; ECVelo of Greenville, NC; Waccamaw Trail Builders of Myrtle Beach, SC.
Here are some figures from the 2013 series:
In 2013 there were 6 races- 2 in Greenville, NC; 2 in Wilmington, NC; 1 in Jacksonville, NC and 1 race in Myrtle Beach, SC
- There were 505 paid riders and 99 kids for a grand total of 604 participants at the six races (Average = 100.7/race), 328 unique riders
- CCORS paid out $7,126 in awards in 2013 plus a final race BBQ for the riders.
- Bonus awards of $600 were given away by our sponsors at two of the races.
- 148 CCORS gift certificates were redeemed in 2013. Each rider was required to visit his/her local bike shop (level 1 or 2 sponsor shops only) to redeem his/her gift certificate (and support his/her LBS by buying more stuff!). CCORS also gave 23 Expert cash payouts.
In 2013 there were 10 Level-1 sponsors. Each sponsor benefited by:
- Sponsor logos were on 171 gift certificates given as awards.
- Sponsors logos were on each number plate for all riders in all races (604 in total). These number plates appear in most photos of riders posted on our website. There are an estimated 600 photos of the events that have been viewed thousands of times by riders, friends, and family.
- Sponsors logos were on the series banner hanging up before, during, and after each race and behind all podium photos.
- Sponsor logos with a hyperlink to each sponsor’s web page were on the Cape Fear SORBA main web page and all subpages on the CFS website. There were26,664 hits on the web page during the series.
- Sponsor logos were on every CCORS flyer and poster displayed on SE North Carolina and Myrtle Beach mountain bike trails.
CCORS 2014 Sponsorship
We are planning on 7 races to be held along the coast of North and South Carolina including: two races at the Bicycle Post Trail in Greenville, NC; two races in Wilmington, NC; two races at Henderson Pond in Jacksonville, NC; one race at Horry County Bike & Run Park in Myrtle Beach, SC.
We are excited to announce the 2014 CCORS series has a Title Sponsor as you can see from the heading of this document. We will have an official announcement with the launch of a new CCORS website very soon.
What does a series Level 1 Sponsorship cost and what do you get from CCORS? The cost is $300. Each Level 1 sponsor will have their company’s name and logo associated with the CCORS series in multiple ways. Your company logo will appear in:
- All gift certificates given as awards.
- Every number plate for all riders in all races
- The series banner hanging up before, during, and after each race and behind all podium photos.
- The CCORS main web page with a hyperlink to your company’s web page.
- All CCORS email blasts (at the bottom of the email in the signature)
- CCORS MeetUp event pages.
- CCORS Facebook page (look for “Coastal Carolina Off-Road Series” on Facebook)
- Every CCORS flyer and poster displayed on SE North Carolina and Myrtle Beach mountain bike sites
- CCORS T-shirts to be sold at CCORS events
We hope that your business would consider being a Level 1 Sponsor for the CCORS 2014.
Contact: Barry Wray, firstname.lastname@example.org, 910.619.1641 or any of the participating clubs.