Hi out there in cyber land! Its time for another pre-race update. Brought to you by all of our CCORS sponsors like Sean Skutnik and Coldwell Banker! Remember to support those who support your local race series, without them we couldn’t do what we do!
First thing, lets finish up with the news and notes from Race #4 at Henderson Pond!
If you have any photo’s you want to share from race #4 please let us know! Right now we havn’t had any albums surface. Our racers love seeing pictures of themselves racing, especially when a bit of mud is involved. Thank you to all of our volunteers and racers for coming out to Henderson Pond in less than ideal conditions. Now, onto the news and notes for race #5!
News and notes for CCORS #5 at Blue Clay Bike Park!
- Our next race is taking place at the Blue Clay Bike Park on April 3rd in Wilmington, NC! As is the case with all of our races, registration opens at 11am, kids race at noon, and adults/youth racers take off at 1pm. Pre-race meeting takes place at about 12:45.
- We usually have a very large turnout for our races at Blue Clay, so parking can get interesting. We will do our best to manage the parking situation but if you want a good parking spot plan on being there early. It always fills up fast!
- This race is presented by Cape Fear SORBA, a chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association. Remember to support your local mountain bike club. They build and maintain the trails that you ride on!
- We will have Brandon Davis of Wattage Cottage Coaching and staff from Two Wheeler Dealer on hand to aid you with mechanical issues before and during the race. Come over, chat with these guys about coaching, your bike needs, or just say hi! These sponsors are a huge part of what makes this race series great. Remember what i said earlier, support those who support your local race series!
- Remember that at registration we only accept cash or checks (this time made out to Cape Fear SORBA). If you can, bring us $5 bills. We almost always run low, and if you can hook us up with more $5 bills that will make everything else run smoothly and faster!
- If you have raced with us this season and are coming out again to race at Blue Clay, remember that your race number stays with you all season long. If you have lost or fail to bring your race number its an additional $5 fee to get you a new one. So remember your number, pretty please!
- Only 3 more races, including this Sunday, remain to get your entries for the Industry 9 “Trail S” wheelset! Each race you enter gets you one free entry into the raffle and you can buy additional tickets for $5 each. All funds raised support THIS series and our operating costs. We want to send as much money to the mountain bike clubs as possible here folks.
- Speaking of which, about 12:20ish or so on race day if you have a set of Industry 9 wheels on your bike, we want to get a group photo with you to say thanks to Industry 9 for hooking us up with these wheels! We will put a call out on the day of, but be ready to get your photo taken.
Thats all folks, we look forward to seeing you on Sunday at Blue Clay for race #5. Its going to be awesome! Till then, happy trails!